The Victorian church of St Luke was designed by renowned architect George Wightwick. The building was originally erected as a chapel-of-ease in St Germans parish and was consecrated on 31 July 1845. It consists of nave and chancel and the east window with its nativity theme was given by a former incumbent, the Rev’d Edward Glanville in memory of his daughter. For safety reasons the bell cot which housed two bells was removed from the roof. To-day there is just one bell now at shoulder level by the south door.